The Asia Pacific Travel Health Society (APTHS) is committed to the promotion of healthy and safe travel to and within the Asia Pacific Region and beyond. We work closely with the International Society of Travel Medicine and many national travel medicine societies in the Asia Pacific region to promote and advocate travel health.
Our focus is on preventive and curative medicine within many specialties and areas of interest such as
- Tropical medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Public health and epidemiology
- Emerging infections, outbreak investigations and response
- Primary health care
- Military, refugee and migration medicine
- Medical tourism
- Evacuation and repatriation of travellers
- High altitude
- Climate change and environmental medicine
- Women and travel
- Mental health and travel
We are committed to organizing regional conferences every two years in order to foster travel medicine in the Asia Pacific region.